Regarding a 3-31-17 Letter to Editor:
1. Statement: Liberals ended slavery.
The Republicans voted 100 percent to end slavery, the Dems only 23 percent for the 13th Amendment;
2. Statement: Liberals got the blacks to vote.
Republicans voted Yes, most Dems No;
3. Statement: Liberals end segregation, half correct.
1860-1960 Dems against, 1960-Present – for ending segregation;
4. Reconstruct the South: Republicans for, Dems against;
5. President Eisenhower pushed through the 1st civil rights bill in 1957.
Johnson voted against;
6. Later President Johnson gave us the war on poverty costing us $20 trillion.
Now we have 100 million on some type of welfare.