Smoking weed recreationally is illegal to some companies, and they do test you for drugs every other month, so if you have used CBD, THC or any other cannabinoid, it will show up on your drug test.
While it may seem like the ideal option to go ask someone for their urine, we have a saner option for you to opt for – try synthetic urine kits.
Now, we get it; it seems disgusting, gross, and every other synonym in the dictionary.
But when your career is on the line, handling a little fake pee is worth it to keep your job.
If you’re still averse to the option, let us remind you that you can still fail the test with a ‘clean’ sample of another person’s urine. And while this may not be the most foolproof method, if done right, synthetic urine is a clear-cut way out of a drug test.
Keep reading because we’ve got a pretty ClearChoice of the brand we think is the best one out there! (See what we did there?)
Top 5 Best Synthetic Urine Brands of 2021 [Reviews]
If you buy low quality synthetic urine, you’re not going to pass any test. Cheap and low-quality synthetics don’t come with the necessary chemical components or the helpful gear that the better tests come with. Besides, you really don’t want to be messing around with drug tests.
To help you find the best synthetic urine in the market, we’ve come up with a comprehensive list of brands you’ll have no problems with!
- Test Clear – Top-Rated
- Quick Luck – Best Heated Fake Pee
- Sub Solution – Best Realistic Formula
- Urinator – Best Synthetic Pee with Urinator
- Clear Choice Incognito Belt – Best Fake Pee With Belt
#1. Test Clear – Top-Rated
Test Clear is a brand that has been around for a while. If you’re looking for a trusted brand, this is it! What differentiates them from the average company is their two main claims: their first claim is that the product is actually dehydrated urine, so it cannot technically be considered a ‘fake’ or ‘synthetic’ product. The second claim is that the product has ‘never failed in the history of the product’.
With such bold claims, you can’t help but give it a shot. When you do, you’ll find that it is powdered synthetic urine. Here’s what else you’ll find in the kit:
- The powdered urine in a sealed vial
- One 50mL transport vial
- Temperature strip that is attached to the transport vial
- Two air activated heaters.
You get all the essentials (apart from distilled water) for a whole $49.95. While this falls on the cheaper end of the spectrum for synthetic urine, it’s got a great reputation. It is essential to buy the kit directly from the site to avoid any scams floating around. (Yes, a disgusting pun was, in fact, intended there.
- It has a great reputation.
- It has been in the industry for a lot longer than other products.
- It comes with a handy temperature strip that is attached directly to the transport vial.
- The powdered urine has an incredible success rate.
- It is a lot more affordable than other brands.
- If you’re buying it for educational purposes, Test Clear offers a discount!
- You’ll find extremely detailed instructions with the package and online.
- It has a pretty long shelf life.
- The powdered urine is tricky to get exactly right.
- You have to prepare the sample beforehand, so it doesn’t work very well for surprise drug tests.
- It does smell a lot like urine even before you add the water, so detection is easy.
#2. Quick Luck – Best Heated Fake Pee
ClearChoice urine products were limited to Sub Solution before Quick Luck came around. With an improvement in drug tests, ClearChoice immediately jumped to create the best synthetic urine on the market and succeeded!
The cost reflects the ease and effectiveness of the product. As long as you use it right, the product will work flawlessly. It can also be used at a moment’s notice: just grab a vial, heat it up, and test away!
You won’t find a better-quality product than the ClearChoice Quick Look Liquid Synthetic Urine. They have an incredible success rate and all the necessary chemical components to pass any drug test.
When buying a ClearChoice product, whether it is the Quick Look or Sub Solution, always buy from the official site. This way, you won’t end up with a fake! When you buy straight from the site, you also get a bunch of stuff in the extremely useful kits and created specifically for the product.
While it is a little pricey at $100, it is an incredibly complex chemical formula that is one of the best.
- A complex formula that is guaranteed to be effective
- It comes as a pre-mix that can be used at any point in time
- Incredible success rate
- It comes with heat pads and heat activator powder
- Free shipping
- Money-back guarantees
- Prompt and efficient customer support
- It is an expensive product
#3. Sub Solution – Best Realistic Formula
ClearChoice clearly has a reputation for being a reliable and valid brand when it comes to synthetic urine, and for a good reason. While the Quick Look is a relatively new product, the Sub Solution was launched back in 2003, and is still a reliable source of synthetic urine today! The Quick Look is an upgraded version of this tried-and-tested synthetic urine. However, if you’re a little hesitant, then this may not be the best for today’s drug tests.
However, the Sub Solution still remains an incredible option for educational purposes, research, and just a good old prank. As it is a lot cheaper than the Quick Look at $80, it can often pass as an alternative for the upgraded version.
- The reputable and valid formula that has been in use since 2003.
- The formula has been proven to be 100% effective as a synthetic urine.
- It is cheaper than the Quick Look
- Comes with a standard container and heat source packets.
- It may not work for today’s drug tests
#4. Urinator – Best Synthetic Pee with Urinator
Whether you’re doing an experiment or need to pass a drug test, Urinator is there for you. Unlike other kits, this makes use of a lot of technology to provide you with the easiest experience.
The urine that you are mixing and creating can be put into the bag and heated at the ideal temperature for up to four hours! So, you won’t have to worry about your sample dropping in temperature right before you take the test.
The test kit comes with an array of products:
- 100ml dual-port IV bag with a liquid crystal thermometer.
- It comes with a donor sample
- 60ml syringe
- Stainless steel rod sensor rod for accurate temperature sensing
- Digital controller to maintain the right temperature of the urine
- Flexible silicone heater connected to the controller
- Thermal insulating blanket and special IV bag.
You won’t find the distilled water or two nine-volt batteries that you need for the process, but the other parts are definitely shipped to you along with a bonus free sample of powdered synthetic urine.
If you’re already worried about the instructions, then you’ll be happy to note that there are detailed instructions available both on the internet and with the package. At the very least, you won’t be wasting a sample because you heated it to the wrong temperature.
However, the convenience comes at the incredible price of $169.95. If you’re ready to run screaming, we urge you to consider all the pros and cons before making a decision.
- Reusable contraption so you can just purchase the powdered urine each time you need it
- Regulates the temperature of the urine for you
- Since it is all digital and electronic, you have no chance of things going wrong
- Comes with a free sample.
- It comes with more than one vial of powdered urine to experiment with
- The IV bag to store the urine is specially made to prevent any burning to the skin
- Detailed instructions make it easier to achieve the necessary result
- It is very expensive
- Powdered urine needs to be created beforehand and isn’t for short notice use
- The contraption isn’t subtle or easy to hide
#5. Clear Choice Incognito Belt – Best Fake Pee With Belt
While all the other options are great, none of them offer a way to smuggle urine into a drug test. With the incognito belt from Clear Choice, you’re all set to take the drug test with no fears.
Here’s what comes with an incognito belt:
- 1 Bladder Bag (3 ounces of pre-mixed synthetic urine)
- Velcro adjustable belt
- 2 heat pads
- Temperature strips
- Complete instructions
Once you’ve heated up the bladder bag and attached the belt to yourself in an undetectable manner, you’ll find a tube that you can tie around the waist under your clothing. If you open the clip on the bladder bag, you’ll release the urine into the cup. For this whole contraption, you’re paying just $125!
- It comes with a belt which makes taking the test easier
- Complete instructions to help conceal and operate the belt
- 1-year shelf life
- The belt is viable only for two uses, after which you’ll have to buy the whole thing again.
What is Synthetic Urine?
Before you delve into the specifics of the urine, it’s helpful to understand what synthetic urine truly is. The misconceptions about fake urine generally mask the benefits such a substance offers. It isn’t just for passing drug tests, after all.
Synthetic urine, simply put, is regular urine created in a laboratory. Instead of our bodies creating it, all the essential chemical parts of the urine are duplicated to mimic that of clean human urine.
Since it has the same chemical components as any other urine, it looks and smells exactly like regular pee. While it may seem like fake urine has a singular purpose, synthetic pee is actually used for several other things, which we’ll mention below.
Synthetic urine contains all the right chemicals, including ammonia, creatinine, pH, urea, uric acid, proper sulfate levels, and specific gravity. Without the right levels, your sample will immediately be flagged.
How Does Synthetic Urine Work?
Synthetic urine does work – if and when used and made right. Here’s the thing, if you don’t make it properly, you’re disturbing the delicate balance of chemicals that has been created. But, if you mix it correctly and follow the directions provided, then nothing will go wrong. (Completely dispensing the fact that something has probably already gone wrong, hence the need for synthetic urine.)
Apart from being a lot more hygienic to store, synthetic urine lasts a lot longer than biological urine. Regular urine is very difficult to conceal and store in general. You also can’t vouch for what’s in the urine you procured from another person – possibly a damn good friend. The last thing you need, of course, is a fake pregnancy scare!
The general process works the exact same as it would with biological urine. Except, instead of peeing into the cup yourself, you’re placing the fake pee into the cup! If you have the right equipment, you can actually ‘pee’ into the cup if your movements are being tracked.
However, you’ll need to be careful about maintaining the temperature of the synthetic urine. Most people tend to go wrong with fake pee when they use expired products, don’t maintain the temperature, or store the created fake urine for longer than six hours.
To conclude, synthetic urine works as long as you know what you’re doing. Following provided instructions is, therefore, essential for any synthetic urine to work effectively.
Types of Synthetic Urine
Now that you’re aware of what synthetic urine is, it is time to introduce you to its two types. Depending on what you’re comfortable with and what works best for you, you can choose between powdered synthetic urine or liquid synthetic urine.
The two have their own pros and cons; however, they do not differ in terms of how effective they are. Both forms of synthetic urine will be effective if you follow the directions to a t.
Before you decide on what kind of urine you’d like to use, take a look at this handy comparison.
Powdered Synthetic Urine
If you’re wondering how powdered urine is created, then let’s address that curiosity before all else: powdered synthetic urine is dehydrated urine, which to be ‘passed’ as real requires the addition of distilled water. Using tap water with powdered fake urine is a rookie mistake and will not result in a valid sample.
The sample comes in a vial that needs to be transferred to a bigger bottle to mix and create the fake urine. Usually, there’s enough in the vial to create a full bottle of fake urine, so measure your distilled water out according to the company’s instructions. Fair warning, there’s a lot of mixing and specific directions involved in creating your sample.
- Powdered urine foams up to look exactly like real urine
- You’ll even find that it smells exactly like the real thing
- Powdered synthetic urine has a longer shelf life than liquid synthetic urine
- It is definitely easier to store than a liquid vial
- Since it is created from actual human urine, it mimics the natural properties very well
- Having to mix the urine and then warm it up makes it less convenient than liquid synthetic urine
- If you don’t follow the directions exactly, it is a waste of a vial
- Since there is so much mixing and measuring involved, the chances of things going wrong are higher
- If you’re doing this in a public space like your office, you’re more likely to get caught mixing. At the very least, you can be observed with ease.
Liquid Synthetic Urine
Liquid fake urine is a concentrated form that doesn’t have to be mixed around until diluted. You don’t have to add any extra elements and can just shake it, warm it, and use it! It usually comes in a container rather than a vial, unlike the powdered form.
- Liquid synthetic urine is extremely convenient and easy to use since it is pre-mixed
- The chances of you being observed during the process of creating the urine are low to none
- Since it doesn’t require too many complicated steps, you’ll find a low margin of error and, therefore, higher chances of success
- Unlike powdered fake urine, the liquid version has a shorter shelf life
Both versions have die-hard (yep! That’s the word) fans who vouch for only a certain form of synthetic urine. We’re here to tell you that both versions can be equally tricky to manage. It all depends on your requirements, preferences, and convenience. Weigh your options and look at the logistics before jumping in to order a certain type of synthetic urine.
Using Synthetic Urine
Whether it is liquid or powdered, the main issue comes with making the fake urine look real. Whatever brand of synthetic urine you opt for, you will have a very specific set of instructions that you need to follow. What we’re providing here is a general outline of the process.
For Powdered Synthetic Urine
The process of using powdered fake urine is a little more complicated than using liquid fake urine. The vial the powdered synthetic urine arrives in also comes with a kit. Generally, the kit will allow you to make a whole bottle of synthetic pee.
To create the pee, you have to add the powdered synthetic urine to distilled water in a bottle and shake it as well as you can. The shaking will create the necessary foam and dissolve the powder in the distilled water.
Make sure you shake until there is no powder left and you only see bubbles. Once this is the case, heat it up until it reaches 95 degrees. Before using the urine, simply shake once more, and you’re good to go!
What makes it so complicated though is the exact measurement of water and heating you’re supposed to achieve. Even a little change in the measurements or the temperature will ruin the whole sample.
For Liquid Synthetic Urine
Using liquid synthetic urine is possibly the easiest method. Open the container you receive with the liquid and heat it up. You can do this in the ways showcased below, but make sure it stays in the 90-98-degree range. Once you’ve done this, you can shake it and use it!
Heating Synthetic Urine
If we haven’t stressed it enough, then let it be said once more – the temperature is crucial to fake urine. So, knowing the right ways to heat up your synthetic urine is integral to getting the perfect fake urine sample.
Depending on the method you’re using, heating up your urine works differently.
It isn’t the most appealing thing, but you can heat up your fake urine using a microwave. If it’s still grossing you out, just remember what’s at stake.
When using a microwave, you’ve got to be careful and continuously check up on the sample. If it heats up too much, your specimen will be ruined. If it’s boiling, then you’ve gone too far. The ideal time would be no more than 10 seconds in the microwave. Check the specimen using a temperature strip to be more accurate. If you’ve hit the perfect temperature, then keep it close to your body to maintain the same temperature.
You’ll find portable, disposable hand warmers that claim to keep the warmth for around 18 hours. You won’t need it for 18 hours, but they are perfect for heating up and keeping your sample at the perfect temperature. They’re not bad at hiding the sample either!
Once you’ve created your mixture, place it in the hand warmer and routinely check the temperature. Once you’ve hit the perfect temperature, keeping it close to your body is the ideal way to prevent the sample from overheating.
Getting to the right temperature with just your body heat takes a lot longer than the other two methods. If you have time, you can opt for using your body heat to warm up your sample.
Keep it close to the skin and in the warmest parts of your body. For men, this would be near the crotch below the underwear. Women can opt for the same method or place it between the bra and the skin.
When you’re getting ready to submit the sample, make sure to verify the temperature using a stick.
Tips and Tricks
Let’s get one thing straight once and for all; synthetic urine won’t work unless you follow the directions carefully. If you heat it wrong, mix it wrong, or even store it wrong, it will not work. You’ll fail your drug test if you’re not doing exactly what the directions are saying.
That being said, there could be situations where you need a tip or trick to help you out. As the pros, we thought it was necessary to put together a handy list.
- Follow the directions like your life depends on it. (Well, if that’s too morbid, remind yourself that your career might be.) Unlike cooking, mixing and heating your fake urine improperly is a career-ending mistake. The directions on the packaging are there for a reason; follow them.
- Synthetic urine cools off faster than normal urine, which is already pretty quick to cool. On the day, make sure you’re hiding the sample in a place where it can remain at the ideal temperature.
- Even the best of brands will last only six hours. However well you mix it or store it, after six hours, your sample will not be completely valid.
- Use the equipment that comes with your kit. Whether it’s a testing strip or a belt, it is provided for a reason. After all, you’re paying for it, don’t let it go to waste.
- If you can use a belt and your kit comes with one, use it. They can help you fool a drug test a lot better than anything you come up with on your own.
- Make sure that you mix and prepare your synthetic urine on the day of the test. Get it ready, preferably an hour before the actual test; this way, you’ll avoid any error.
- Do not place the sample in the sun to heat it up. Direct sunlight can completely degrade the sample, rendering it absolutely useless.
Other Uses of Synthetic Urine
Synthetic urine is most often used to cheat a drug test. Most companies create whole kits to achieve this end goal. However, synthetic urine is for more than just helping people keep their jobs. Read on to find out:
- Wildlife Activities: You’ll find that gardeners occasionally use fake pee to keep pests and other rodents out of their fields. Alternatively, it can be used to mask scents and lure animals to you. Hunters and photographers have been known to use synthetic urine to make encounters happen.
- Pranks: While there are multiple incredibly mature uses of fake pee, by far, one of the most common uses you’ll find is for a prank. You’d be surprised how dedicated people are to their pranks.
- Training: Synthetic urine is regularly used by medical students in training. They learn how to run tests and more using synthetic urine before moving on to the real deal.
- Sales: You’ll find several salesmen using synthetic urine to demonstrate the effectiveness of their products. As disgusting as it may seem, you’ll at least be able to tell how effective the cleaning agents are.
- Research: Tons of research being done require fake urine. While it may seem absurd, science has always been a little weird.
- Calibrating: Drug testing equipment has to be calibrated and tested for validity and reliability before being used. Nobody is going to pee to recalibrate the machine each time it needs to be used.
- Adult entertainment: A lot of fetish videos make use of fake urine instead of the real deal.
Signs of a Bad Synthetic Urine
Whether you’re using fake urine for research purposes or a prank, low-quality synthetic urine isn’t a good idea. Thankfully, you can tell when synthetic urine is of low-quality or simply bad.
- Low Cost: Synthetic urine does not come cheap. For it to actually be synthetic urine, it needs to have several key ingredients like creatinine and urea. None of those elements come cheap. So, if you find a synthetic urine brand offering you a deal for $20, just know that you’re being scammed.
- Packaging and Marketing: You can usually tell by the packaging and marketing whether a brand means business. A lab-tested good will always look like a reliable and valid piece of equipment. It will definitely not have a name like ‘UStream’.
- Third-party website: If you’re buying from a third-party website like Amazon or eBay, chances are that you’re getting scammed. You may be getting some incredible deals, but don’t skimp on synthetic urine!
FAQs About Synthetic Urine Kit:
Q. What is the shelf life of synthetic urine?
Whether you’re buying powdered or liquid, synthetic urine has a shelf life. Once the product has expired, you cannot use it for any reason, especially a drug test, as it will immediately get flagged.
The shelf life of an unopened and unmixed product is up to two years. However, this varies from product to product. Liquid synthetic urine will not last as long as the powdered version. So, plan accordingly!
Q. Can you freeze synthetic urine?
Freezing and reheating urine samples from friends and family for the purpose of drug testing is a common trick. However, whatever kind of urine you’re using will need to be brought back to the right temperature (approximately 90-100 degrees).
When it comes to freezing and reheating synthetic urine, there are a few complications:
- You can’t freeze products that are expired.
- You can’t keep the sample in direct sunlight.
- You can’t thaw the sample in a microwave.
- You can’t freeze a sample that has been compromised in some way and expect it to still work.
Q. Is synthetic urine easily detectable?
If you’re not following the instructions carefully enough and mess up the sample, then the fact that you’re using synthetic urine will be detected. However, if you follow all the directions and execute it perfectly, you’ll pass undetected.
Q. How do you pee synthetic urine?
If you’re looking for a way to fool the monitor that checks if you’re actually peeing, then you’ll be pleased to know there’s a solution. Several synthetic urine brands provide urination devices you can use to make it seem like the real deal.
Q. How can you hide the pee?
There are several ways to hide the pee when you’re going in for a drug test. The worst idea, however, is to leave it in your pocket. Generally, people will use a belt with a tube that you can run down your leg to make it seem like you’re actually peeing.
Some companies provide the belt, but you can also fashion one for yourself. It’s best to hide the belt between the navel and the chest in case there’s some checking.
Theoretically, you can also smuggle the urine via the rectum or the vagina. However, it is best to be careful with such methods, and they are not industry recommended.
Q. How much synthetic urine will I need?
For the average drug test, you will require two ounces of urine. However, there’s a good chance you might mess up on the first few times or just require some extra. To be prepared for such scenarios, it is recommended that you carry more than this amount.
Q. Is the pee unisex?
If you’re worried about a pregnancy scare as a man, then you have nothing to worry about. Most synthetic urine is unisex, and drug tests generally don’t test for gender. Apart from the manner in which you submit the sample, nothing else matters.
If you’re still worried, there are samples just for women. However, you’ll only find a difference in the price point. The quality and outcome remain the same from a quality brand.
Q. Is Synthetic Urine legal?
The most essential question of them all, is synthetic urine actually legal? Well, there’s no straightforward answer to this question. Synthetic urine as a substance is completely legal to own and sell. However, using it to cheat a drug test could end in severe repercussions.
If you get caught trying to cheat on a drug test, you’re going to be fired from your job. Depending on where you live, you could be required to disclose the reason for the termination as well. So, while you may not get jail time (possibly, it’s still best to do your own legal research), there are repercussions to using synthetic urine for such reasons.
In Conclusion: Which Synthetic Urine Kit Brand Should You Go For?
Synthetic urine is not a novel or new concept. It has been around as long as drug tests have. Whether you’re using it for research or a drug test, you’ll need to buy the very best of synthetic urine. Thankfully, we have a list of some of the best products on the market today!
The Test Clear would have to be our pick for the best product if you have a drug test coming up. It is easier to use and it also has the secret formula that it is so well-known for.
Whatever product you pick up, synthetic urine is a delicate substance that everyone will come across at some point in time. Let’s just hope it isn’t a prank!