The Art Guild invites young artists in Grades K-8 to enter the “Young at Art” contest and exhibition. Open to all students, the exhibit is an exciting opportunity to share their work.
“With school closing for the rest of the year, many students were not given the opportunity to showcase their artwork,” said Lisa Grossman, Executive Director. “Our exhibit will give them a second chance.”
Young at Art is open to all kids currently in grades K-8. Students can submit up to 2 works of art with one guaranteed to be showcased in the online Virtual Reception and eligible for an award.
Young at Art:
– Entries due June 15, 2020
– Exhibit limited to the first 100 participants
– Artwork judged in the following categories: K-2, 3-5, and 6-8
– Each student can submit up to 2 works of art, with one guaranteed in the show
– The artwork will be showcased in a Virtual Gallery on our website
An online Virtual Reception & Awards show is tentatively scheduled for June 23 at 4:30 pm.
Older students and adults are encouraged to submit artworks for consideration for “JOY OF COLOR,” a juried competition and exhibition.
From soothing pastels to vibrant monochromes and rainbows, color can be used to evoke emotions and moods. The variables of hue, saturation, luminosity, and lightness allow an artist to play and control the atmosphere in their work. Show us your individuality through color! Photography is permitted in this competition and the deadline is Tuesday, May 27th.
Summer camps planned at beautiful Elderfields Preserve (Limit 8 campers)
Limited to just eight kids, The Art Guild is taking their Summer Camp experience outdoors on their 3-acre preserve so there is plenty of space and fresh air.
The weekly programs are held in the morning and a great way to get some much needed in-person socialization in an open, uncrowded environment.
– Art Explorations, 9:30 am – 12:30 p.m.
– June 29 – July 2, July 6-9, July 13-16, August 10-13
Grades 6 and up:
– Cartooning, July 20-23, 10 am – 1 pm
– Painting & Drawing, July 27-30, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
– 3D Work & Sculpture: August 10-13, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
High School / College
– HS Portfolio Intensive / College Prep
– July 27-31, August 3-7, 10 a.m. – 3 pm
Instructors are also working to create an interactive online experience if an outdoor camp is not permitted and refunds will be accepted up to 14 days prior to starting.