New York Dance Theatre Presents a Free Preview for Families of Long Island’s Largest Production of “The Nutcracker” on Sunday, Dec. 1 from Noon to 4 p.m. at Barnes and Noble in Carle Place, Country Glen Center– 91 Old Country Road
• Performances at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. on the main level – highlights from the full-length ballet with the children’s cast
• Ballerina storytime at noon; 1:30; and 3:30 pm in the children’s section – dancer in full costume will read and teach the kids basic ballet positions
• Nutcracker holiday photo opportunities all day
• Children’s craft activities all day
• Ticket raffles throughout the day – no purchase necessary!
New York Dance Theatre, founded by former New York City Ballet soloist Frank Ohman, will present its 38th season of “The Nutcracker” at Hofstra University, Hempstead on Saturday, Dec. 14 and Sunday, Dec. 15 with performances each day at noon and 5 p.m.
Ohman’s production is the largest Nutcracker on Long Island and the only one performed in the tradition of New York City Ballet’s Lincoln Center version. Special guest artists Daniel Ulbricht and Brittany Pollack of New York City Ballet return to perform as the Sugarplum Fairy and her Cavalier.
Tickets for this full production ballet are $42.00 and $32.00 (seniors and children 12 and under) available at www.ohmanballet.org or 631.462.0964.