Seven students from Manhasset Secondary School have been selected to perform in the 2020 NYSSMA All-State Virtual Ensembles. The All-State ensembles are comprised of the top students from school music departments across New York.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the selection process was different this year, yet still highly competitive. Students were chosen based on their scores from their spring 2019 NYSSMA assessment, along with teacher recommendations.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Paul Kim – Bass 2, Mixed Chorus
- Derek Lee – Oboe, Symphony Orchestra
- Matthew Moschitta – Lead Trumpet, Instrumental Jazz
- Marco Motroni – Violin, String Orchestra
- Kyria Pidherny – Violin, String Orchestra
- Paige Theodosopoulos – Soprano 2, Alternate
- Julius Yoh – Violin, String Orchestra
“The selection of these students in these unusual times is a testament not only to their dedication and hard work, but of the world-class instruction they’ve received as young musicians here in Manhasset,” said Manhasset Schools Director of Fine and Performing Arts Dr. Christopher Hale.
The All-State ensembles will come together for a virtual concert in December.
Submitted by Manhasset Public Schools