The Dads’ Club of New Hyde Park Memorial High School has had a wonderful school year so far. Our success is a testament to our dedicated members and community – the NHP Dads’ Club would like to thank everyone for their continued support.
Here are just a few highlights from this year:
- “The Shack” has been open nearly every day after school. Follow #BestHSfoodshack on Social Media.
- October Breast Cancer Awareness:
- Raising over $3,000 through our “Taters for Tatas” campaign at The Shack
- In partnership with H. Frank Carey High School, the club raised nearly $600 at the First Annual Sewanhaka Central High School District Battle of the Schools Chili Cook-Off. Over 60 community members judged and deemed Nicholas Arman, representing NHPMHS, to be the winner – proudly beating out 11 other entries. Specials thanks is given to Mike Scavelli, President of the Carey Dads’ Club for hosting this year’s event.
- Providing over $2,000 in financial support to our school’s sports teams and activity clubs.
- Kicking off the holiday season by co-hosting the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting with the Garden City Park Civic Association, held at CitiBank in the King Kullen Shopping Center. The Dads’ Club donated and served nearly 350 cups of hot chocolate to all the families who came out to celebrate with us.
The NHP Dads’ Club’s Board of Directors would like to wish everyone happy holidays and a joyous, healthy and prosperous New Year. Stay safe and we’re looking forward to a successful 2019.
Please stay in touch – visit us at nhpdadsclub.com or @NHPDadsClub on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.