This year Port Washington will celebrate the 28th annual HarborFest Dock Day and Craft Festival on Sunday, June 3. The Port Washington Chamber of Commerce relies on volunteer residents and local business people to staff our booths and assist with the activities.
Volunteering at HarborFest gives you the opportunity to meet thousands of people — and have lots of fun. We hope you can give us a little of your time to make HarborFest 2018 the most successful event ever.
A number of ways that volunteers can help are listed below. Each volunteer works for a two-hour shift, or longer if possible. If you have any questions or would like to fill out a form, call Kathy Levinson at 516-650-1959 or email: [email protected].
- 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.: set up the dock, help exhibitors find their booth locations.
- 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Craft Show set-up.
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Sell soda, juice, and water in Food Court or Family Fun Park
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Sell HarborFest tee shirts, give away reusable tote bags, provide information
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Sell tickets for SoundWaters
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Help take down signs and Chamber booths; supervise clean-up
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: unassigned – be available for helping wherever needed