Summer reading is back, and this year the Great Neck Library will be having four summer reading programs online that will run from June 28 until September 4. There is a program for each age group, with each program offering different prizes and having certain requirements for completion.
• Newborns through Pre-Readers can register for Smart Start, our early literacy program that focuses on activities to stimulate brain development and school readiness. Complete 6 activities a week for 10 weeks in order to qualify for weekly prizes.
• Pre-K and Elementary students, get ready for our Elementary Summer Reading Program. Read and review one book a week to earn each weekly prize. Attend Children’s Library Programs to find out each weekly code for raffle entries.
• 6th through 12th Graders- join our Teen Summer Challenge. Complete 5 Badges to be entered into our end of the summer raffle.
• This summer, Adults can register and participate in our Adult Summer Reading program. Read and review 4 books to qualify for prizes.
• New this year – Summer Viewing Olympics. Watchers of all ages can join the Viewing Olympics on top of any reading program and log what they’re watching for chances to earn raffle prizes.
Register online at greatnecklibrary.org.
Photo: Summer Reading is back at the Great Neck Library.