There has been a lot of buzz about delta-8 THC in the last few years. Delta-8 infused products have continued to grow in popularity as users will not stop talking about the benefits and feelings they get from using them. If you are considering trying delta-8 for the first time, you probably want to know how the calmness feels after using the products. Read our take below:
We can describe the delta-8 THC feeling as a soothing, non-paranoia-inducing experience. Delta-8 THC is a milder version of delta-9 that is intoxicating but does not make you experience anxiety. The feeling you get after consuming some quantity of delta-8 is calming and does not make you feel out of control like delta-9 does.
Delta-8 THC is a psychoactive compound naturally present in the hemp plant in tiny traces. The compound is categorized somewhere between THC and CBD, sort of a balance of both compounds. You can legally buy and consume products made with delta-8 THC in some American states, thanks to the 2018 farm bill. This bill legalized the sale of hemp products that contain less than 0.3% of delta-9 THC.
Furthermore, we explored the delta-8 THC features to help give you an idea of how delta-8 acts on your brain and mind. You will understand what to expect when you use products that manufacturers have infused with this compound and how to get the best out of it.
What Causes Delta-8 THC High?
Anandamide is a chemical in the brain that has a similar structure to THC. This similarity creates a mirror effect that triggers the body to respond to THC and change the regular activity of the brain. Also, anandamide functions as a neurotransmitter that transmits messages between neurons in the nervous system.
Delta-8 and delta-9 THC have a similar structure, and they are both derived from the cannabis Sativa plant. However, delta-8 is a byproduct of the degradation of THC, which explains why its effects are milder than delta-9. Further, both compounds act on the endocannabinoid system and activate the CB1 and CB2 receptors.
These cannabinoid receptors are found in the brain, and they affect various properties that control your sensory functions. The sensory system determines your mood, thinking, memory, focus, coordination, etc. Once THC comes in contact with anandamide in the brain, it sends signals to the areas that perform these sensory functions in the endocannabinoid system. This activates the receptors, leading to various effects.
THC can cause impaired movement, coordination, and focus if consumed in large doses, depending on how much of it you ingested and the strain. CB1 receptors act on the mind, which affects focus, thinking, mood, etc., while CB2 receptors act on your movement and coordination. Delta-9 THC has more effect on both CB1 and CB2, leading to a loss of focus and an inability to move or coordinate the body properly. On the other hand, delta-8 focuses more on the CB1 receptors, leading to improved mood, focus, clear thinking, etc.
Although both compounds may influence your mood, they do it in distinct ways producing different results and effects. It is also important to note that THC triggers the brain’s reward system by releasing dopamine. This chemical is one feature that makes taking marijuana addictive by causing dependence on the substance. However, you don’t have to worry about getting addicted to delta-8 as it does not have the same effect when used in the recommended amount.
How Is the Delta-8 THC High Experience?
Delta-9 THC is often referred to as the older cousin of delta-8 because the effects of delta-9 are more intense. Delta-9 naturally occurs in high quantities in the cannabis plant, while delta-8 occurs in small amounts. The high concentrations of delta-9 make it easily accessible and highly potent compared to delta-8.
When comparing the effects of both delta-8 and delta-9, we did so based on the quantity users consumed. On the one hand, delta-9 has a similar effect as delta-8 when you take it in low doses, and it has adverse effects when taken in higher doses. On the other hand, the effects of delta-8 depend on individual tolerance levels. However, if you do not exceed the recommended dosage, you will experience a calming and relaxing sensation.
With regular doses of delta-9, you can feel out of control, jittery, and anxious because of how highly concentrated it is. Meanwhile, you can be high on a delta-8 product and completely control your senses. The high you get from both compounds is not the same when you take them in the same quantity. Delta-9 is stronger and more intense, while delta-8 is mild and soothing. However, if you double the dose of delta-8, you might get the same feeling as a lower dose of delta-9. That is to say- 50 mg of delta-8 can be equal to 25 mg of delta-9.
Finally, delta-9 THC tends to act on CB1 receptors at a higher intensity than delta-8. When delta-9 triggers the CB1 receptors, it can cause paranoia and anxiety because of the intensity. Delta-8 does not produce that kind of effect, so the chances of such adverse effects occurring are low.
Overall, you are going to enjoy the soothing calmness delta-8 THC triggers. You can enjoy using it without side effects because most products come with recommended dosage to guide you.
How Does the Delta-8 THC High Make You Feel?
The way delta-8 will make you feel depends on the mode of consumption, quality of the product, dosage, and tolerance. Delta-8’s effects are generally mild and non-psychedelic, like the experience you may have with marijuana. The feeling is also euphoric and calming, guaranteed to put you in the right mood if you take the correct dosage.
Delta-8 can make you sleepy, relaxed, energetic, and focused. Another factor to consider in understanding how delta-8 makes you feel is figuring out why you are taking it. This compound comes in different forms, and some of them have components that take care of a specific need. Figure out what your body needs and find a product that provides the best experience.
Generally, there are common effects that you can expect to feel with any delta-8 products, and they include:
- Reduced body aches and pain
- A mild excitement
- Improved mood
- Anxiety relief
- Increased focus
- Good sleep
Some synonyms for the high that delta-8 induces are chill and relaxed. Virtually everyone who takes delta-8 reports feeling these sensations; hence, if you are looking for an easy way to fight stress after a long day, delta-8 will do the trick.
Also, if you are struggling with anxiety and depression, delta-8 will make you feel clear-headed and more in control of your mental state.
Moreover, you will feel intoxicated but still be able to go about your daily activities without feeling confused or unstable. Even if you take a higher dosage than recommended, you can still have a productive day without feeling impaired.
Knowing your tolerance level is equally as important as taking the recommended dosage. For example, if the recommended dose is 25 mg, but your tolerance level is 10 mg, you might experience some discomfort after taking delta-8. Thus, before taking any delta-8 product, consult with an expert or your physician to help you determine your tolerance level. As a general rule of thumb, though, we advise that you start small, see how it makes you feel, and gently increase your dosage as your system adapts to delta-8.
Possible Side Effects of Delta-8 THC
The feeling you get from consuming delta-8 in any form is mellow, and for a lot of seasoned users, it poses zero side effects. Delta-8 THC has many health benefits that draw users in and keep them healthy and relaxed for hours.
First, it is essential to note that delta-8 can have some adverse effects on you, but it is not life-threatening. The effects can occur if you take more than you can handle as a first-time user. Some of the side effects you might feel are similar to the effects of ingesting cannabis. You might experience side effects like drowsiness, dry mouth, red eyes, anxiety, increased heart rate, and memory loss.
These side effects cannot kill a human being, as you already know. However, you should try your best to proceed with caution to avoid the hours of discomfort you might experience. If you take more than the recommended dosage, try not to panic because it will worsen your condition. Instead, do something that will help you relax and distract you from the discomfort you are feeling. Give it a few hours, and the feeling will wear off. However, consider calling your doctor if the effects do not wear off after a few hours.
Another reason you might experience these side effects is if you take poor-quality delta-8 products from shady brands. We recommend doing your research on any brand before purchasing their products. If a brand does not use good quality products, you might be putting your health in harm’s way by consuming their products. The effects you experience by taking “unsafe” delta-8 products are more severe than the usual side effects. They include hallucinating, vomiting, numbness in your limbs, etc. Therefore, please only buy from reputable brands with a history of producing high-quality delta-8 products.
How Long Does the Delta-8 THC High Last?
We have compared the high of delta-8 and delta-9 THC and seen that they are similar. However, you might still want to know how long the effects last and how long they will stay in your system after the effects wear off?
On average, delta-8 THC can take up to two hours to kick in and last anywhere from two to ten hours.
- Delta-8 Gummies and Edibles: Gummies are made with a sweet gummy base and infused with delta-8 THC. You ingest these by chewing them before swallowing the content. While chewing, the mucous membrane can begin to absorb them, which can cause the effects to kick in faster than other edibles, and the effects can start to wear off more quickly as well. BudPop and Exhale Wellness each have gummies that fall into this category. Your body absorbs other edibles like cookies and brownies through the digestive system, making the effects take longer to kick in. However, because the compound goes directly to the bloodstream and targets the endocannabinoid system, the effects last longer than other methods of ingesting it. The effects can last up to 8 hours.
- Delta-8 Tincture: Tinctures are wholly absorbed in the mouth, and the effects can kick in within 30 minutes. After the effects kick in, they can last from 3 to 5 hours before they start to wear off. BudPop’s tinctures fall into this category.
- Delta-8 Vaporizers: Vape carts and other products you can inhale or smoke have the fastest acting time. You can begin to feel the effects within 6 to 15 minutes of inhalation, and they can last for up to 5 hours. BudPop and Exhale Wellness’ Vape Carts can give you these effects.
To conclude, we must emphasize that the time the effects kick in and how long they last in your system largely depend on the mode of consumption and your body’s metabolic rate. Hence, the time the effects kick in will depend on whether you are making gummies, tinctures, Vapes, flowers, or some other edibles.
Differences in Experiences Based on Different Types of Users
The effects you will experience with delta-8 THC will differ based on your experience using cannabis products. If you have never taken anything cannabis-related before, then you should err on the side of caution. First, seek advice to determine what type of delta-8 product is best for you. For example, Exhale Wellness and BudPop have a quiz to help you decide which product you should purchase. Please take the quiz and see what they recommend.
The recommended dosage is 25 mg, so you can start with 10 or 5 mg and see how it goes. Further, start small, and take below the recommended dosage to see how your body reacts to it. Then, slowly increase your dosage until you reach the most comfortable potency.
On the other hand, if you have experience smoking marijuana or taking other cannabis products, you should not have a problem with higher doses. Also, if you have a dependence on marijuana, you might want to try delta-8 THC products as they have a similar effect and many health benefits without making you feel out of control or anxious.
How to Personalize Your Experience With Delta-8 THC:
Your experience with delta-8 can either be great or horrible, depending on how you consume the product. Here, we will show you how to get the best out of delta-8 by identifying the right products and the ingredients to look out for.
We will also explain how to get the best potency that suits your needs and what dosage and product to take to suit your specific needs.
Delta-8 THC High (By Consumption Method)
- Delta-8 THC Gummies: If you want THC benefits but do not like to smoke or you have respiratory problems, delta-8 gummies are your best bet. Also, if you have a sweet tooth and hate the natural taste of hemp, you should go for gummies because they taste great, and the effects last longer than other products. BudPop’s delta-8 gummies are some of the most delicious and highly potent gummies in the industry and will be an excellent place to start if it is your first time. Exhale Wellness also has yummy gummies that you can try. Both companies use high-quality ingredients, and their hemp extracts are pure distillates infused into a very flavorful gummy base.
- Delta-8 THC Distillate: This hemp-derived concentrate contains some terpenes and minor cannabinoids and includes up to 65% THC and 5% CBD. This product does not naturally occur in the cannabis plant; it has partially gone through distillation to refine it. If you want to enjoy your experience, make sure that the distillate is pure and does not contain any harmful chemicals. You can consume distillates in different forms, including dabbing and smoking.
- Delta-8 THC Tincture: The process of making tinctures is simple. It involves extracting CBD from the hemp plant and then converting it to delta-8 in a laboratory. The extraction happens by soaking the hemp plant in alcohol, resulting in a liquid extract. You can ingest this product by dropping it under your tongue. The taste is strong and earthy, so if you are okay with the earthy flavor of hemp, you can try this product. BudPop has a great collection of tinctures that you can try.
- Delta-8 THC Vape Carts: Vaping is one of the fastest ways to experience the effects of delta-8. This method of consumption is very popular, and the components of Vape carts include delta-8 distillates and terpenes. Terpenes are responsible for the color and flavor of distillates, and they also play a role in the potency of the product. If you are interested in this method of consumption, you can try BudPop or Exhale Wellness Vape Carts. They have some of the most potent Vape Carts in the cannabis industry.
Delta-8 THC High ( Ingredients)
- Hemp Flower: The high you get from a product depends on the ingredients and how much THC they contain. Since delta-8 THC occurs in negligible quantities in the hemp plant, we found out that many brands spray delta-8 distillates on their CBD flowers to increase their delta-8 content. CBD is non-intoxicating, so smoking CBD hemp flowers will not get you high. However, the psychoactive content of these delta-8 sprayed flowers is balanced, giving you a moderate-high. The presence of terpenes and other minor cannabinoids in the bud will also contribute to the potency.
- Terpenes: Terpenes are aromatic compounds commonly associated with cannabis because they occur in large quantities in the plant. However, they do not only occur in cannabis plants. These compounds are responsible for the unique scent of different plants, including pines and orange peel. These compounds also have health benefits that can improve your quality of life. In delta-8 products, terpenes also play a role in determining the strength and potency of the product. So, look out for the details on the terpenes used in a product before purchasing to have a good experience and enjoy the benefits.
- Strains: Delta-8 comes from different strains, with each strain giving a unique type of high. The strains can be from Sativa, Indica, or a Hybrid. You can research each strain to determine the strain that can give you the type of high that you need.
Now that you know how to customize your experience, you can make an informed decision with little or no help.
Conclusion: So What Does Delta-8 THC High Feel Like?
Delta-8 THC is a psychoactive compound that acts on the human system’s cannabinoid receptors, and it has both physiological and cognitive effects on the body. Many factors determine the delta-8 THC feeling you will experience.
In summary, you should know the consumption method that works best for you and stick to it. Also, understand that your body’s metabolism is different from that of the next person. This means that the effects you experience may differ from how another person’s system will react to delta-8 THC.
Furthermore, please do not forget that these products are not strictly regulated, so buying contaminated and unsafe products is possible. Hence, proceed with caution and read everything you can find on a product before purchasing.
Refer to reputable articles to find the best brands with delta-8 products when in doubt. Always stick with the big reputable brands because they have a proven track record. Also, look out for third-party lab tests on every website, as that is the closest thing to an FDA approval in the cannabis industry.
Finally, the best experience you can get from delta-8 THC depends on a combination of things. The cannabinoids, terpenes, and other ingredients in the delta-8 product work to give you the most rewarding experience.