Schools in Great Neck, Port Washington, Manhasset, Roslyn and Herricks have been named among the top 100 schools in New York, according to a new list from K-12 education website Niche.
The list’s highest-placing North Shore school was Great Neck South High School in Lake Success at No. 29, followed by Manhasset Secondary School at No. 43.
Great Neck is the most represented North Shore area on the list, with five of the district’s nine schools and the private North Shore Hebrew Academy High School scoring spots. The Herricks district is second most represented, with two.
Topping the list is the Trinity School, a private Episcopalian K-12 institution in Manhattan.
These were the North Shore schools listed:
29. Great Neck South High School, Lake Success – Great Neck school district
43. Manhasset Secondary School – Manhasset school district
44. Herricks High School, New Hyde Park – Herricks school district
46. Great Neck North High School – Great Neck school district
52. Roslyn High School – Roslyn school district
58. Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School, Port Washington – Port Washington school district
63. North Shore Hebrew Academy High School, Great Neck – private
65. Lakeville Elementary School, Lake Success – Great Neck school district
75. Great Neck South Middle School – Great Neck school district
77. Elizabeth M. Baker Elementary School – Great Neck school district
83. The Wheatley School, Old Westbury – East Williston school district
97. Herricks Middle School, Albertson – Herricks school district.