This mid-winter recess 2022, join us for fun & learning on the farm!
This program is bushels of fun and supports STEM learning objectives, giving children the opportunity to create, imagine and explore at Queens Farm.
Bundle up for a barnyard tour with a focus on seasonality and fiber animals. Find out how our alpaca & sheep keep warm and learn the process for spinning fleece into clothing! Children will also visit our hens, pigs, steer, and beehives and feed our goats a tasty snack. Explore the winter farm landscape on a tractor-drawn hayride and observe how we grow yummy greens in the colder months.
Junior Makers can try their hand at a farm-wide scavenger hunt and use foraged materials to get creative with nature collages. Then it’s all hands on deck for butter churning, as we learn about the science and history behind this classic dairy product.
Stop by the Farm Store to purchase hot cocoa, snacks, traditional games, toys and locally-made items like Queens Farm herbal teas, honey, woven scarves and yarn from our flock of heritage breed sheep. The Con Edison Reading Room will also be open to cozy up and read a farm-fresh story after the program.
– Advance online tickets are required as space is limited
– Program is for children ages 5–12. Parental supervision is required (Adult is free with participating child)
– Proof of Covid-19 vaccination and valid ID required; Face masks required indoors
– Dress warmly with hats, coats, mittens and layers
– Group visits require advance registration and group admission fees apply; email [email protected] for info
– Select the date and time slot that works best for you
General Admission: $35.00/child (accompanying adult is free)
Get tickets: https://bit.ly/3IKwzf5