We applaud our North Shore students on their continued academic achievement. The excellent achievements of our students in academics, the arts, and athletics continue to be highly recognized in Nassau County, New York State, and are documented among the best in the nation.
I am very proud to share with you these recent statistics outlined below on student achievement:
- The North Shore School District demonstrates the highest year-to-year learning growth in grades 3-8 in Nassau County. Our learning rate of 20 percent is documented by the nationwide Stanford Education Opportunity Project https://edopportunity.org
- On all major Regents examinations in 2019, North Shore ranked within the top 3 in Nassau County for proficiency rates and within the top 5 in Nassau County for mastery rates.
- To see a complete report and analysis of student progress, please visit the links to our K-12 Reports on Student Achievement in
North Shore High School
- North Shore High School was recognized as one of the Top 40 high schools in New York State as reported by US News and World Report: https://www.newsday.com/long-island/education/high-school-rankings-1.44000570
- Two North Shore High School students were named top 300 scholars in the Regeneron Science Talent Search and Kyra McCreery, a North Shore senior, was named one of forty Regeneron finalists nationwide.
- North Shore High School ranked 321 out of 5000 Top STEM High Schools, across the United States in a study published by Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/americas-best-stem-high-schools-2020/best-stem-schools-4501-5000
- North Shore High School showed an increase from 58 percent to 76 percent of students gaining admission to the colleges and universities in the Most Competitive, Highly Competitive and Very Competitive Categories.
- 32 North Shore Seniors earned the New York State Seal of Biliteracy.
North Shore Middle School
- North Shore Middle School achieved 100% passing on the 2019 Common Core Algebra Regents exam. This ranked 1stin comparison to neighboring districts.
- North Shore Middle School ranked in the top 4 in comparison to neighboring districts on passing and rates for the New York State ELA and Math Assessments. We ranked 1stin passing for Math 7 and 1st in mastery for ELA 7.
- North Shore Middle School Ranked #20 out of all public middle schools in New York State according to Niche.com (2020) https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-public-middle-schools/s/new-york/
North Shore Elementary Schools
- All three North Shore elementary schools rank in the top 70 out of over 2,000 public elementary schools in New York State according to Niche.com (2020): https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-public-elementary-schools/s/new-york/
- Our elementary schools ranked as number 1 compared to similar school districts in passing rates for the 2019 New York State Grade 3-5 Math Assessments.
- Our elementary schools ranked as number 2 compared to similar school districts in passing rates for the New York State Grade 3-5 ELA Assessments.
- Our elementary schools were selected as the 2019 Sally Hahn Award winner, recognizing excellence in an elementary World Language (FLES) program in New York State.
We are very fortunate to have a community and faculty that are committed to our schools and K-12 students. Congratulations to all of our students on these excellent accomplishments and thank you to our very talented teachers and administrators for providing our students with a world-class education in North Shore.
Dr. Peter Giarrizzo
North Shore Schools Superintendent