There are countless ways to consume the herb in modern times. However, Pipes are a highly suggested route if you opt for combustion. Cannabis pipes come in various forms (glass pipes, ceramic pipes, or metal pipes), sizes, styles, and materials, but they all require cleaning. Although it is true that how frequently you use cannabis will determine how often you clean, regular maintenance will typically result in quicker clean-ups. Let’s learn the quick and efficient technique to clean a weed pipe here.
We know nothing compares to taking your first drag from a fresh pipe that feels crisp and refined. However, pipes quickly develop into tar-stained waste and resin build-up. Fortunately, if you have some patience and some basic household items, you can cleanse your pipe. We will explain the best methods to clean pipes through different techniques of the cleaning process.
The Best Method Of Pipe Cleaning
Numerous pipe cleaning techniques are available for cleaning extremely dirty smoking equipment or smoking devices. However, the most helpful method is the alcohol and salt method. It is the most effective way to clean a glass pipe, but there are some differences in each explanation of this technique on Google. You will get the most authentic instructions on pipe cleaner techniques here.
This post will show you how to maintain your smoking accessories like weed pipes in the simplest way possible. It will help to improve your smoking experience while consuming your favorite weed products.
Part 1: Pipe Soaking
- Use a sealable plastic bag to keep the pipe.
Put the pipe in a container or bag that can be sealed with plastic. Place your pipe into a zip-top bag or a container with a tight-fitting lid with care. In order to prevent leakage of the alcohol and salt mixture, the bag or jar must be sealable. Split your pipe into smaller pieces before placing it in the container or bag. Put each delicate component in a separate container or pouch if they are thin glass parts to prevent breakage if they collide. You can use this cleaning technique on any glass or metal pipe.
- Cover the pipe with isopropyl alcohol.
Take out a bottle of isopropyl alcohol. It should easily cover your pipe when slowly pouring it into the bag or container. You can use it if the rubbing alcohol has a minimum of 70% isopropyl alcohol by volume.
- Toss in table salt with the alcohol.
Take out any kind of standard table salt in the amount of 2 to 3 tbsp (17 to 51 g). Don’t stress about taking the measurement precisely. Your pipe won’t suffer from more salt. As the resin soaks up the alcohol in your pipe, the salt will work as a mild abrasive to help remove the resin that has become stuck inside the pipe. Kosher salt performs admirably because its grains are larger than regular table salt.
- Secure the bag after mixing.
To keep your pipe as well as the alcohol and salt combination inside, zip up the bag or lock the container’s lid shut. For 1 to 2 minutes, vigorously shake the container or bag back and forth so the salt may begin to scrape the surfaces of your pipe. You are free to shake your pipe for longer to help release any resin that may be stuck within if it is extremely grimy. More importantly, shaking the mixture won’t hurt anything, although it might strain your arm. Suppose your pipe contains any sensitive parts, exercise caution. Shake the cleaning solution very carefully, for instance, if you’re using a glass pipe with delicate ornamental fragments of blown glass on it.
- Let the mixture sit.
Just let the pipe sit overnight or for at least one hour. If the pipe is only slightly dirty, let it in the cleaning solution for about an hour. If the pipe is extremely unclean and has a load of caked resin, leave it in the liquid overnight. Another option is if your pipe is particularly filthy, you should let it sit for about an hour. After an hour, you should drain the old alcohol and replace it with fresh alcohol and more salt in the bag or container. Remix the mixture, then leave the pipe overnight to sit.
Part 2: Pipe Rinsing and Cleaning
- Open the bag after the soaking process.
After your pipe has soaked, open the container or bag far from your face. Since it eliminates so much resin and filth from your pipe, the alcohol combination will have a distinct, foul smell. To avoid inhaling the vapors, carefully open the pouch or container far from your face. Be extremely cautious not to drop any of the contaminated alcohol mixtures. It will be difficult to remove from a surface like a carpet or a rug and exceedingly foul and sticky.
- Clean the pipe by using hot water.
Thoroughly rinse your pipe under hot, flowing water. Take your pipe from the filthy alcohol with care. Turn on the hot water while holding the pipe’s mouth under a faucet. Until the water is clear, let it flow through the pipe and out of the pipe’s bowl. When the pipe is “running clear,” no more bits of resin are visible being flushed out by the hot water. Put on rubber or silicone gloves for this step if you don’t want the resin flecks and polluted alcohol to go on your hands.
- Utilize cotton swabs or pipe cleaners to scrub.
To remove any remaining resin, put a pipe cleaner or cotton swab into the head and move it back and forth. Repeat until the pipe comes out clean and you don’t see any noticeable particles of resin or filth inside the pipe using a fresh pipe cleaner or cotton swab. You may also use isopropyl alcohol to dampen a cotton swab or pipe cleaner before you do this to help dislodge resin that has become stuck.
- Complete the process by cleaning the pipe with hot water.
Let the water flow out of the mouthpiece via the pipe’s bowl while holding the mouthpiece under the hot steaming water. Any residual traces of dirt that you cleaned loose inside will be flushed out by doing this. You can begin over at the starting point of the process if your pipe still appears dirty after doing all of this. Re-soak and scrub it until you are happy with how clean it is.
- Keep your weed pipe on the towel for a few hours.
Place your pipe on a clean cloth and let it air dry for a couple of hours. Spread a small, dry cloth on a smooth surface like a table or countertop. Before using your pipe, lay it flat in the center of the towel to dry entirely. Additionally, this will ensure that any alcohol traces that weren’t entirely rinsed off vaporize.
Tips For Cleaning A Weed Pipe
- If your pipe is too huge to put in a plastic bag or jar, you can alternatively load it with isopropyl alcohol and salt. Shake the mixture inside the pipe while holding your hands over all the holes, then place the pipe on a smooth surface and let it soak. The remaining steps are the same as those for a small pipe.
- If you use a water pipe, be sure to drain the bowl after you’re done smoking and dispose of any contaminated water. This will help keep your pipe clean.
- To clean a metal pipe, consider boiling that for 20 minutes before using salt and alcohol. This will assist in dislodging all of the resin inside, and alcohol and salt should complete the process. Open the windows or switch a fan on because the water will smell awful. After finishing, you can pour the water into the drain.
- Avoid soaking pipes made of wood, antler, stone, porcelain, or bone in an alcohol and salt solution. Instead, use cotton swabs or pipe cleaners to clear them out. It is acceptable to soak the cotton balls or pipe cleaners in isopropyl alcohol before using them on stone and ceramic pipes.
Alternative To Using Rubbing Alcohol To Clean Glass Pipes
Most experts and habitual smokers will agree that the alcohol and salt method is the simplest, most affordable, and most efficient approach. Many users claimed that they tried cleaning pipes with water and dish soap. Still, they always return to alcohol since it leaves very little residue and has powerful antibacterial characteristics.
Although isopropyl alcohol and table salt will undoubtedly do the trick, many cannabis users also utilize specialist cleansers, which frequently work more quickly and demand less direct care. Many suggest Grunge Off, a product that doesn’t require alcohol, salt, or mixing. The solution should be put into the pipe, left to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight, and then rinsed with warm water.
How To Use Boiling Water To Clean A Weed Pipe
First, keep in mind that this method is suitable for thicker glass pipes. If it is thin, you might damage your weed pipe while following this method. Let’s move towards the step-by-step instructions of this amazing cleaning tutorial with boiling water:
What You Will Need: All you need is tap water, a stove or kettle, and a small pot or container.
- Start the process by softly wiping the pipe with the help of a cotton swab to remove larger dirt pieces.
- Use some warm water or boiling water to rinse the weed pipe thoroughly.
- Choose a tiny water pot and put it on the flame of your kitchen stove. Boil the water for some time before it starts showing bubbles. You should not excessively boil the water and keep the temperature medium.
- We advise you to place the weed pipe about 10 cm above the surface to keep it safe.
- You can soak it for about 30 minutes, and the time can go up to 1 hour If the pipe is dirtier.
- After the soaking process, you should remove the pipe from the container. However, you must perform this task safely by wearing mittens to prevent any hand burn. Wipe the pipe with a pipe cleaner or a cotton swab.
- You should keep repeating the same process until you get the desired clean weed pipe.
- Don’t forget to completely dry the pipe before smoking.
How To Utilize Microwave And Vodka To Clean A Pipe
The heading might surprise you, but it is true. Vodka can help to clean your weed pipe if you follow the below-mentioned procedure:
What You Will Need: You will need vodka, a microwave, a coffee cup, and water to do this technique.
- Take the same amount of water and vodka and mix them together in a half-and-half ratio inside a coffee cup.
- Put the coffee cup inside the microwave for about 30 seconds. After microwaving it, place the weed pipe inside the cup.
- Keep the pipe inside the cup for a while and then take the pipe out of the cup and clean it thoroughly.
- The method is useful only for slightly dirty pipes, not for filthy ones. You can repeat the procedure until you get desired results.
How To Use Smoke Soap For Pipe Cleansing?
Smoke soaps are a natural, high-grade industrial cleanser that gets rid of the resin from the glass’s side and makes it slippery. Keep the used mixture of smoke soap or dish soap and water because you can reuse it repeatedly, and it will still work. We advise soaking your pipe overnight and then washing it the next morning. Let’s move toward the step-by-step instructions to perform this technique:
What You Will Need: All you need is the smoke soap, a toothbrush, some water, a container, and a pipe cleaner for this technique.
- Take some lukewarm water inside the container. Add some smoke soap inside this water to develop the bubbly solution.
- Put your weed pipe inside this water for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash the pipe with the help of a pipe cleaner and a toothbrush.
- Brush the pipe well to scrub the dirty surface of the weed pipe.
- You must rub the pipe cleaner four times to make the pipe clean. You should perform this scrubbing and rubbing while dunking the pipe every time.
- Then rinse the pipe completely and clean the container.
- Finally, air dry the piece before using it for smoking.
How To Utilize Mantello Pipe Cleaner For Weed Pipe Cleaning
Mantello cleaners have a sharp bristle at the end and are six inches long, making it easy to remove build-up from your pipe. Thanks to their versatility, they may be moved around and used at different angles to clean different parts of the pipe. Keep reading the guidelines to know each step involved in this technique for better understanding:
What You Will Need: Gather the essential things in one place, including alcohol, water, and Mantello pipe cleaners.
- You should damp the Mantello pipe cleaner with the help of alcohol or any other popular cleaning solution of your choice.
- Then, you have to run the cleaner from the mouthpiece towards the step of the pipe several times to clean the surface.
- We are sure that the cleaner will come out with dirty spots and gunk from inside in a blackish or brownish tone. However, it is necessary to perform the task correctly.
- Repeat the cleaning process with the dry piece and keep cleaning the surface until you run a wet cleaner pipe and it comes out clean.
- After properly cleaning the surface, wipe the surface of the pipe with a dry pipe cleaner to remove any dampness.
- Finally, clean a pipe upside down with water and let it completely dry before using.
Why You Should Not Use A Dirty Pipe?
Most dry herb smokers know that using a dirty or wet pipe can significantly reduce their smoking enjoyment. Dirty glass pipes are unpleasant to use, taste bad, smell bad, and could even increase your chance of getting a lung infection.
Since resin build-up gives the smoke you inhale a burned flavor, smoking from a dirty pipe is unpleasant. In terms of threats to one’s health, unclean pipes are comparable to dirty bongs, which might include harmful materials in the water. While dirty bong water captures some of the same hazardous substances found inside pipes, pipes lack the water necessary to support the same level of microbial growth.
You can wash out the resin, either dipping it in alcohol, chilling it, or boiling it in hot water, depending on whether you want a brand-new, clean pipe or you wish to get the most out of your stockpile.
When Is the Right Time To Clean A Pipe?
Depending on how frequently you smoke, you should perform a thorough cleaning every week. Ideally, you should thoroughly clean your pipe more frequently than once each week (especially if you smoke through it a lot). This is fairly adjustable, though, so as long as you follow up with basic maintenance and don’t smoke too much, you should have little trouble leaving it for a little while longer. Simple maintenance is emptying out any ash after a session and giving it a light scrape if necessary. You may also cover the carb, place the bowl upside down over the trash, and blow through the mouthpiece if it’s beginning to get clogged. For a brief understanding of how to smoke weed, you can go through to this article.
However, it’s a good indication that you must clean your pipe thoroughly if you scrape or blast out compacted particles. It’s not as essential to clean a pipe in some cases because there isn’t any water involved, but it’s still best to keep on top of it. It is important that you wash your pipe after each use for the best possible smoking experience. It is better to scrape the bowl clean immediately after smoking while it is still hot if it has acquired significant carbon build-up. To wash the shank and mouthpiece, use a pipe cleaner or poker.
FAQs Related To Weed Pipe Cleaning
How would you wash a glass pipe without alcohol?
You can try boiling your pipe in water if you do not have any rubbing alcohol available or would prefer not to use it. Due to the possibility of the glass breaking due to high-temperature changes, you should completely submerge the pipe and slowly warm the water. When the pipe is cool enough to handle, after 30 minutes of boiling, gently scrape off any leftover resin with a pipe cleaner or cotton swab.
Faster and easier cleaning will result from a cleaner pipe. The most efficient and accessible option is an alcohol and salt solution; however, the rate at which you shake and wipe your pipe may differ.
How can you use vinegar to clean a glass pipe?
Fill a container big enough to fit the glass pipe with a mixture of one part vinegar and one part water. Scrape off any resin that is still set after letting it soak for 12 hours. This is the right way to clean a glass pipe.
What method of glass pipe cleansing is the quickest?
The quick method to clean a pipe is the solution of isopropyl alcohol. This method is quicker than combining vinegar and baking soda, but it is a little more caustic and needs to be used carefully. This kind of alcohol is available in the drugstore or supermarket in your area to clean pipes. At least 71% alcohol should be shown on the label. However, 91% is best for eradicating germs.
Put the pipe inside the Ziploc bag containing one teaspoon of Kosher salt and isopropyl alcohol. After soaking the pipe for 12 hours, shake the bag vigorously for a few minutes to help the residue come loose. With hot, soapy water, clean the pipe. Clearly rinse.
Can I utilize soap and water to clean a weed pipe?
Fill the pipe with a minimum of 91% isopropyl alcohol and a small amount of salt. Shake the weed pipe for at least five minutes, then rinse it off with water containing soap. Although you can utilize rice and vinegar, we recommend using soap.
How should I take care of my weed pipe?
Grab a pipe cleaner and gently puff up the ash after you’ve lit your pipe. Place the pipe bowl down to cool and dry after inserting a pipe cleaner through the base and into the bowl. Keep in mind that your pipe will smoke better if you wait longer between puffs. Rotate your pipes regularly.
How long does it take to smoke a pipe?
If you properly care for the smoking pipe, it will last a lifetime. The most crucial action to take after finishing your pipe is to blow into the tip vigorously. This forces any resin in the draught holes of the pipe back into the bowl. For two reasons, this is fantastic.
Does smoking a pipe hurt your lungs?
Inhalers are also more likely to develop bladder, pancreatic, lung malignancies, and lung conditions. Smoking a cigar or a pipe doubles the chance of developing the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Smoking can aggravate asthma symptoms.
Many of the dangerous substances present in cigarettes, notably nicotine and carcinogenic substances, are also present in pipeweed. Users of pipe tobacco are more likely to develop liver, head and neck, and lung cancers, and smoking is addictive. Additionally harmful to your health, smoking pipe tobacco can harm people around you.
How long does a pipe need to burn?
To keep the pipe lighted, continue to inhale periodically. Once it is properly burning, the bowl should remain lit for at least five to fifteen minutes. Continue to let air pass through the tobacco. Try softly exhaling into the pipe if you want to avoid taking frequent breaths.
Can you use a wet pipe to smoke?
Yes, you can use the weed pipe when it is wet. Smoking it wet won’t likely harm it, but it will taste bad and be unpleasant.
How numerous are cannabis pipe smokers in the US?
Approximately 3 million Americans currently smoke pipes, despite what the media portrays. There are moments when it seems like every other famous person is being spotted smoking a Macanudo.
Conclusion: What Is The Best Way To Clean A Glass Weed Pipe?
So, these are all necessary techniques that you can utilize to clean your weed pipe. To clean metal cannabis pipes, ceramic pipes, and glass smoking pipes, use salt and alcohol. It is preferable to employ a different cleaning technique to remove stains from pipes with porous or organic compounds instead of using alcohol. Get your supplies together and start soaking and cleaning your pipe if it has glass or metal material. It will soon be almost as enjoyable to smoke from as a brand-new pipe!
Washing your glass pipe will keep it functioning properly and enhance the flavor and aroma of your cannabis. Regular users are advised to clean their pipes once a week, or at the very least if they see resin accumulation, as per the advice of experts. The most common technique is to load the pipe using coarse salt and enough isopropyl alcohol, block the holes with your fingers, then shake the pipe vigorously to remove any resin or particles that may be stuck inside. Moreover, vinegar and baking soda are also beneficial. We hope that you read the instructions carefully before practicing them in real life. These techniques will never disappoint you by giving cleaner results. Now, you can enjoy the weed without worrying about the dirty surface of the weed pipe.