This story will be continuously updated as more cancellations are announced
The Nassau County Coronavirus hotline number is: 516-227-9570
- All restaurants and bars will only offer carry out and delivery options, as per the state.
- Gyms, casinos and movie theaters will be closed until further notice.
- Essential businesses like pharmacies, gas stations, grocery stores and medical facilities will stay open.
Closed until further notice
Closed Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27
- Roslyn Public Schools
- Floral Park-Bellerose Union Free School District
- Manhasset Public Schools
- Port Washington Union Free School District
- Westbury school district
- North Shore school district
- Herricks Public Schools
- East Williston school district
- Mineola Public Schools
- The Waldorf School of Garden City
- St. Aidan’s School, Williston Park
- Buckley Country Day School, North Hills
- Our Lady of Victory School, Floral Park
- Sacred Heart Academy, Hempstead
- Chaminade High School, Mineola
- Kellenberg Memorial High School, Uniondale
MUSEUMS & OUTDOOR FACILITIES
Closed until Tuesday, March 31:
- African American Museum and Center for Applied Arts
- Chelsea Mansion
- Cradle of Aviation Museum
- Garveys Point Museum and Preserve
- Holocaust Memorial and Educational Center
- Long Island Childrens Museum
- Malcolm House
- Nassau County Firefighters Museum and Education Center
- Nassau County Museum of Art
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration
- Roslyn Grist Mill
- Saddle Rock Grist Mill
- Science Museum of Long Island
- Tackapausha Museum
- Wantagh Railroad Museum
- Hofstra University Museum of Art
- Sands Point Preserve – Hempstead House, Falaise, Castle Gould
- Bailey Arboretum
- Leeds Pond Science Museum
- Museum of American Armor
- Nassau Hall
- Mill Neck Preserve
- Nassau County Aquatic Center
- Twin Rinks Ice Skate Facility
- Cantiague Ice Rink
- Center for Science Teaching and Learning
- Mitchell Field Athletic Complex, including Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range (open to law enforcement)
- Mitchel Gym (not part of the Park)
- Old Mill – NEC Horse Farm
- Eisenhower Park – Safety Town
- Christopher Morley Tennis
The Nassau County executive has also closed the Nassau County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency and suspended enforcement of the boot and tow program, as well as eviction enforcement proceedings by the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office.
MUNICIPALITIES & LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS
- The following villages will have their elections moved to Tuesday, April 28: Flower Hill, Plandome, Plandome Heights, Plandome Manor, Munsey Park, Floral Park, Port Washington North, Baxter Estates, Great Neck Plaza, Great Neck Estates, Thomaston, Kensington, Saddle Rock, Russell Gardens, Roslyn, Roslyn Estates, East Hills, East Williston and Mineola.
- Nonessential local and state government employees are being directed by the governor’s to work from home.
- All Town of North Hempstead facilities are closed until Monday, March 30, according to the town. Essential services such as 311, the town clerk’s office, and sanitation will continue to operate.
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Rockville Centre announced Friday that congregants would not be required to attend Sunday mass for the next three weekends. Churches will remain open and schedules unchanged, spokesperson Sean Dolan said.
- All senior programs across the county have been canceled until March 31, according to the commissioner for the county Office for the Aging. This includes outside organizations such as the Sid Jacobson JCC in East Hills and others.
- The Gold Coast Arts Center in Great Neck has closed its doors “until the end of March,” according to a news release.
- Manhasset Secondary School has postponed its production of George F. Kaufman and Moss Hart’s “Once in a Lifetime,” originally to be performed on March 20 and 21, to an unspecified date in June.
- Residents Forward of Port Washington has decided to postpone its April 4 “Clean Green Main Street” event.
- The Greater New Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce has canceled its March meeting. Its April 16 meeting is still on.
- The Mineola Chamber of Commerce canceled its March dinner meeting, originally scheduled for March 17.
- The Village of East Hills has closed its park and will be discontinuing all scheduled events, programs and nonessential meetings at the Village Hall until further notice.
- The Village of Roslyn canceled its Board of Trustees meeting originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 18.
- The Town of North Hempstead has canceled its Town Board meetings originally set for March 19 and April 2. Public hearings for both meetings will be rescheduled.