Finn MacCool’s closed for repairs after fire

0
693

After a fire broke out it in its kitchen,  Finn MacCool’s restaurant on Main Street is temporarily closed while repairs are made, officials said. 

“Unfortunately Finn MacCool’s will be closed due to a fire in our kitchen ventilation system,’’ the owners, Connie and Geraldine O’Reilly, said on the restaurant’s Facebook page. 

“We hope to be open by midweek. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.” 

 Brian Waterson, fire chief of the Flower Hill Hose Company No. 1, said the fire started early on the morning of June 12 and with the help of nearly 100 firefighters, the fire was out after two hours.

He said the fire was caused by faulty kitchen equipment. 

People were in the restaurant when the fire broke out, but officials said no one was injured. 

“It was a pretty cut and dry fire,” Waterson said.

“On behalf of everyone at Finn MacCool’s we would like to thank both the Port Washington Fire Department and the Port Washington Police Department for their magnificent efforts this past Saturday. 

Thankfully, due to their quick response and hard work of everyone involved the fire was contained to the kitchen area, preventing further damage to the rest of the building. We hope to back open for business as soon as possible,” the  owners said on Facebook. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here