If the upcoming presidential election on Nov. 3 were not so serious, it would be downright hilarious just watching the Democrats twist themselves into pretzels in their efforts to project onto President Trump their own lengthy and shameful record of racism.
As Bill Federer of AmericanMinute.com has exhaustively documented:
- In 1857, the Supreme Court, with seven of the nine justices being Democrats, decided that Dred Scott, a black slave, was not a citizen but property.
- After the Civil War, when Republicans enacted the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery in America, southern Democrats reacted by creating the vicious anti-black Jim Crow laws.
- In 1866, Republican Rep. Thaddeus Stevens introduced legislation to give former slaves “40 acres and a mule,” but Democrats opposed it.
This lopsided picture continued unabated through the 19th century and into the 20th century.
- In 1953, Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower proposed “to use whatever authority exists in the office of the president to end segregation,” but Southern Democrat governors objected.
- In 1964, Democrat senators held the longest filibuster in U.S. history––75 days––to try to prevent the Civil Rights Act from passing. Finally, Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson persuaded the leaders of his party to support a compromised bill, saying it would have blacks “voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- In 1994, as Stephen Frank documents, then-Senator Joe Biden sponsored a Bill that put tens of thousands of black men in prison—and it took 15 years until President Trump was able to get rid of that discriminatory law.
We all know that Democrats lionized their fellow Democrat, West Virginia’s Senator Robert Byrd, who personally filibustered the Civil Rights Bill for 14 hours and 13 minutes on June 10, 1964.
Just 10 years ago Byrd was the Senate’s president pro tempore. He was also a former Ku Klux Klan Exalted Cyclops and Kleagle, the guy who recruited 150 friends to start a KKK chapter, who used the N-word on live television in 2001 and who then-Senator Joe Biden praised lavishly in his eulogy on Byrd’s death in 2010, as did current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Not to omit that Biden also eulogized arch segregationist Strom Thurmond (D-SC), and had high praise for proud segregationists U.S. Sens. James Eastland (D-MS) and Herman Talmadge (D-GA), as well as for Gov. George Wallace––“segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever”––who blocked black students from entering the University of Alabama.
And who can forget Biden’s unforgettable words on hearing of the candidacy of Barack Obama for president: “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
“Bright and clean.” Really.
And yet former VP Biden is the only candidate the Democrats could think of to run for the presidency. Now, they are hoping he makes it across the finish line so the real far-left Democrat powers-that-be can inflict their noxious anti-Americanism, anti-Semitism, and inherent racism––a la Antifa and Black Lives Matter––on our entire country.
Clearly, what is systemic about racism in America can be found in the Democrats’ DNA.