The following is in response to your Sept. 8, 2021 editorial, “Truth in teaching history.”
Education has been a target of Progressives/Marxists going back as far as the Woodrow Wilson administration and was addressed extensively during the Eisenhower administration. The removal of interdenominational prayer in schools initiated in the Herricks School District (See Engel v. Vitale 370 U.S. 421 (1962)), prohibiting public tax money for parochial schools and the taking over and strengthening teacher unions, among the largest unions (National Education Association) were goals the Progressives/Marxists achieved with no national resistance unlike the case of CRT and the 1619 Project.
The NEA today actively supports the agenda of Progressives/Marxists who now control the Democrat Party. This is just part of the latest attempt by those more interested in Marxist revisionist indoctrination than the education of American students to attack the founding principles of this country.
For proof, check out the following:
1. National Educator’s Association approves of critical race theory (msn.com)
2. The Communists and the schools, by Robert W. Iversen, release date: Oct. 14, 1959
3. Communist-socialist propaganda in American schools, by Verne Paul Kaub, hardcover – January 1, 1953
4. Critical race theory – Wikipedia
“Law professors Daniel A. Farber and Suzanna Sherry argue that critical race theory lacks supporting evidence, relies on an implausible belief that reality is socially constructed, rejects evidence in favor of storytelling, rejects truth and merit as expressions of political dominance, and rejects the rule of law. Farber and Sherry additionally posit that the anti-meritocratic tenets in critical race theory, critical feminism, and critical legal studies may unintentionally lead to anti-Semitic and anti-Asian implications.”
5. Critical Race Theory is repackaged Marxism, white supremacy (msn.com)
6. Twelve Scholars Critique the 1619 Project and the New York Times Magazine Editor Responds 1/26/20
7. Nikole Hannah-Jones’ Hate For America Is The Basis Of The 1619 Project (thefederalist.com), by Ben Weingarten June 26, 2020
How would you feel if the person teaching your children American history argued that “the white race” — or any race — “is the biggest murderer, rapist, pillager, and thief of the modern world”? The above quote, comes from Nikole Hannah-Jones while she was a student at the University of Notre Dame.
In conclusion, Marxist propaganda will never be accepted as American history by those who value the freedoms and opportunities that many Americans fought and died for.
New Hyde Park