10 hospitalized by carbon monoxide

0
447

Ten people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after getting sick from inhaling carbon monoxide fumes that came from a restaurant in Port Washington, fire officials said.

A cleaning crew was power washing Eastern Strawberry Restaurant at 704 Port Washington Blvd. with a gas-powered washer when it filled with carbon monoxide fumes and rose to the apartment building above, police said.

The victims, who included four children and six adults, received treatment in a hyperbaric chamber at Nassau University Medical Center after being exposed to the fumes, police said. None of the injuries were serious.

One of the people exposed to the fumes was a police officer. The officer was released from the hospital, police said.

By Stephen Romano

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here